Water intake screens, also called passive intake screens and wedge wire intake screens, are constructed of non-plugging V-shaped wires with continuous and smooth slots. Spot welded onto wedge wire support rods, the intake screen provides a large open area and low flow rate across the entire screen surface.
This reduces impact of debris while protecting aquatic life. The slot width ranges from 1 mm to 10 mm (0.04" to 0.4") and 3 mm (0.12") is the most common.
Water intake screens are considered the first safeguard of the intake system, keeping fish safe and pumps and turbines protected from harmful debris. They are both efficient and environmentally friendly.
- It is an passive device with no moving parts, allowing efficient and effective fabrication with little to no maintenance.
- The continuous slots and large open area are the minimum clogging and maximum water flow.
- Various designs and configurations accommodate deep to shallow depths.
- The stainless-steel material is corrosion-resistant and long-lasting.
- It protects aquatic life and also protects pumps and equipment safe from harmful debris.
Any Requirements, Contact Us Now!
Mobile/Whatsapp/Wechat: +86 18980776200